Dave is the founder and copy chief of Super Copy Editors. He has 20-plus years of professional copy editing and proofreading experience, and he loves reviewing materials for agencies, marketing teams, and educational organizations.
- Education: B.A. in English, minor in writing/journalism
- Editing and proofreading experience includes: Forbes Content Studio, Advertising Week, Havas, Hearst, LA Phil, confidential hospital systems, pharmaceutical brands, agencies, educational organizations, universities, K–12 curriculum projects
Over the years, Jenna has reviewed all manner of advertising, marketing, and educational text and has built a reputation as a detail-oriented copy editor who greatly improves our clients’ writing.
- Education: Master’s in publishing and writing, B.A. in English language and literature/letters
- Editing and proofreading experience includes: Forbes Content Studio, Bellwether, confidential award-winning skincare brand, legal search firm, hospital systems, pharmaceutical brands, agencies, universities, nonprofit organizations, multiple K–12 curriculum projects
Mike, a former longtime newspaper copy editor and business writer, proofreads a wide range of advertising and marketing materials—from blog posts and brochures to presentation decks, annual reports, and much more.
- Education: B.A. in journalism
- Editing and proofreading experience includes: Forbes Content Studio, Stony Brook University, Eyecare Business, confidential international consulting firm headquartered in New York City, offices of development for several hospitals (including two of the top 10 hospitals in the country)
Regina has 20 years of experience as an editor, including working as a copy editor for Newsday and the Miami Herald. She also has worked as an editing consultant for the World Bank, and she was a communications specialist with Baltimore County Public Schools.
- Education: Master of Science in journalism from Columbia University, bachelor’s in English from Vassar College
- Editing and proofreading experience includes: Bellwether, confidential health care tech company, hospital marketing and donor materials for a top 10 U.S. hospital, various agencies
Lucy is a copy editor with a focus on health care and education. She is passionate about developing accessible and error-free content.
- Education: B.A. in English, minors in studio art, technical writing, and medieval studies
- Editing and proofreading experience includes: National Summer School Initiative, confidential health-focused agencies, hospital marketing, medical device company, medical research journals
Scott brings seven years of ad agency proofreading experience to the Super Copy Editors team. He previously was senior copy editor at McKinney, a full-service creative and media agency, reviewing copy on tight deadlines for brands like Little Caesars, Columbia Sportswear, Sherwin-Williams, and Choice Hotels.
- Education: Master’s degree from Duke University
- Editing and proofreading experience includes: McKinney, confidential agencies, New York City–based hospital system, Nashville-based health care marketing communications firm, German tech startup
In her many years as a copy editor, Louise has worked on a wide range of materials, including ad copy, magazine articles, and marketing materials. She has reviewed content for W.W. Norton, Harvard University, McGraw-Hill, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, NBC Universal, Disney, Netflix, and many others.
- Education: Bachelor’s in English/art
- Editing and proofreading experience includes: LA Phil, Bellwether, Contact Lens Spectrum, confidential hospital system, several agencies, New York City–based luxury furniture brand, Bay Area real estate consultancy, K–12 curriculum project
Beth, an award-winning copy editor, has a keen interest in all aspects of education and has performed work for several educational publishers. As part of the Super Copy Editors education team, Beth has played a key role in multiple K–12 curriculum copy editing projects.
- Editing and proofreading experience includes: National Summer School Initiative, EL Education, Overcoming Obstacles, confidential educational organizations
Sara Muhammed Hassan
Sara launched her copy editing career in 2014 as a “trainer and checker” at a commercial publisher of scientific, technical, and medical literature. She quickly advanced to manuscript analytics specialist, and then to copy editor and senior copy editor. Today, she reviews a variety of documents for accuracy and clarity of message, from training manuals for cellphones to human resources materials and more.
- Education: B.A. in English language and literature/letters
- Editing and proofreading experience includes: Confidential hospital systems, marketing agency based in New York City metro area, academic research publishers, STEM articles
Marlaina has nearly 20 years of experience in writing and editing, and can handle all types of subject material. She served as copy editor at the Courier News in central New Jersey and Billboard magazine in New York, editorial operations manager and freelance writer at Miami New Times, and copy editor and entertainment editor at The Record in northern New Jersey. A book nerd as well as a comic book geek, she writes children’s books in her spare time.
- Education: B.A. in English/journalism
- Editing and proofreading experience includes: Bellwether, Forbes Content Studio, confidential hospital system, agencies, educational organizations
Dick has decades of health care and pharmaceutical copy editing and proofreading experience. He has reviewed decks, proposals, websites, grant requests, supplements, articles, and advertising and marketing materials relevant to med/pharma topics of all types—from pediatrics to geriatrics.
- Education: B.A. in journalism
- Editing and proofreading experience includes: Confidential pharmaceutical company, health agencies
Jericka is a copy editor with an extensive background in localization and translation. She has helped multiple authors get their work published in international SCI/SCIE-indexed journals like Applied Sciences, IEEE Access, and the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, while assisting companies in content creation for their campaign and product releases.
- Education: Master’s and bachelor’s degrees in communication
- Editing and proofreading experience includes: Confidential health system, agencies
Sara has years of wide-ranging editorial experience, including positions in K–12 educational publishing and university communications, and is dedicated to maximizing quality, clarity, and impact in her work as a copy editor. She attended Williams College and Middlebury’s Bread Loaf School of English, and she runs a small literary press in her spare time.
- Education: B.A. in sociology, master’s in English
- Editing and proofreading experience includes: Curriculum Associates, Caltech, Scripps College, Boston Conservatory, Medicare Payment Advisory Commission, direct mail proofreading and version comparison proofing for a confidential agency
Jarune is an editor and writer with a passion for helping people connect to opportunities through compelling and accurate writing. Jarune’s career spans the IT services, software engineering, environmental engineering, and mental health fields, giving him the flexibility to support clients across a range of industries.
- Education: B.A. in English
- Editing and proofreading experience includes: Government contractors in IT and digital services, environmental engineering firm, direct mail proofreading and version comparison proofing for a confidential agency, various marketing agencies
Shelly has polished diverse content including standards-based educational materials for grades 2–12, Advanced Placement history and literature, Ph.D.-level math, and marketing copy. She has copy edited and proofread all grades of language arts, math, and science.
- Education: Bachelor’s in interpersonal and public communication
- Editing and proofreading experience includes: Stony Brook University, confidential agencies, health systems, educational publishers, major retailer
Jessica Burghaus Anderson
Jess is an editor with more than a decade of experience in journalism and corporate communications. She is passionate about publishing work that is not only clear, concise, and compelling but also inclusive of the communities covered.
- Education: B.A. in journalism
- Editing and proofreading experience includes: Confidential agencies, direct mail proofreading and version comparison proofing, legal materials
Shawn reviews curriculum, advertising, marketing, and health care content for accuracy, consistency, and impact. She has a master’s degree in education and more than a decade of curriculum development and teaching experience in higher education.
- Education: Master of Science in education, B.S. in social psychology
- Editing and proofreading experience includes: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and other educational publishers (nonprofits and universities), top 10 U.S. hospital, confidential agencies
Suzanne has more than 25 years of copy editing, proofreading, copywriting, and fact-checking experience in a wide range of subject matter and publishing platforms. She has worked with a variety of companies and agencies, including Johnson & Johnson, Disney, and Priceline, and wrote and produced a personal finance email newsletter that had 1 million subscribers.
- Education: B.A. in English
- Editing and proofreading experience includes: Williams New York, confidential pharmaceutical company, large NYC-based hospital system, creative agencies
Let’s Get Your Copy Looking Super
You’ve waited long enough for a dream team of copy editors and proofreaders like this. We want to work with you! Get your quick, free quote now.