We wrote this document to let you know how important your privacy is to us at Super Copy Editors LLC. We also hope it shows that we truly value transparency and openness. Please read this page carefully before using our site further.
Below, we explain exactly what information we collect from you, how we use that information, how long we keep it, and what choices you have about it.
By continuing to use SuperCopyEditors.com, you consent to the data practices described in this policy.
What Personal Information We Collect, How We Collect It, and What We Do With It
1. Technical data
First of all, when you visit SuperCopyEditors.com, even for the very first time, we may automatically log certain information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, web browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of our service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of our website. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
Your browser most likely offers a way to view websites more anonymously. For example, Incognito Mode in Google Chrome allows you to browse the web without recording webpages and files in your browser history. Cookies are deleted after you’ve closed all of your Incognito windows and tabs, and your bookmarks and settings are stored until you delete them. Learn more about cookies below.
2. Aggregated analytical data
We also keep track of the pages our users visit to determine which of our pages and services are the most popular. We use Google Analytics for this purpose. It gathers information that allows us to understand interactions with our website and ultimately refine that experience to better serve you. We are not able to see any data that personally identifies you, such as a name, email address, or billing information. You can opt out here.
3. Social sharing data
We use some social sharing plugins, which allow you to share certain pages of our website on social media. These plugins place cookies so that you can correctly view how many times a page has been shared.
4. Contact data
If you choose to leave a comment beneath one of our articles, you share your email address with us. We use a third-party comment-sharing plugin from WordPress, which may create a profile for you. Your email address is never shown publicly on SuperCopyEditors.com unless you share it in a public comment, which we strongly advise against doing.
Rest assured, you won’t ever get any spammy emails from us just because you leave a comment on our site, and we’ll never sell or distribute your email address. Your email address remains private—period.
5. Communications data
- If you ever email us directly or reply to one of our emails, we will keep the content of your message, your email address, and your contact information to respond to your request. We will delete all of this information upon your request.
- If you have used our contact form, our website will generate metadata associated with the communications, such as your IP address. That data is automatically deleted from our servers after 90 days, and we will also delete all of this information upon your request.
- If you have used application form, our website will generate metadata associated with the communications, such as your IP address. That data is automatically deleted from our servers after one year, and we will also delete all of this information upon your request.
We won’t ever email you to ask for your password or other account information. If you receive such an email, please send it to us so we can investigate.
6. Transaction data
Finally, if you purchase our services, we may collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction. The most sensitive data (such as your credit card information) is never seen or stored by us; we use third-party payment processing services, such as PayPal and Stripe, that have stringent security protocols.
Please note that our website uses “cookies” to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can be read only by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
We share or disclose non-personal data, such as aggregated information like the total number of times people viewed an article on our site or the number of people who clicked on a particular link.
Security of Your Personal Information
SuperCopyEditors.com secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We use encryption (HTTPS/TLS) to protect data transmitted to and from our site. However, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure, so we can’t guarantee security. You use our site and services at your own risk.
If you leave a comment on our site, we encourage you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from SuperCopyEditors.com so that you can understand how those websites collect, use, and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites other than our own.
We will never sell or distribute any personal or contact information we collect about you. We do not sell, rent, or lease our customer lists to third parties.
Super Copy Editors will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us; (b) protect and defend our rights or property; and (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
SuperCopyEditors.com may process information related to individuals who are in the EU/European Economic Area. We may transfer that information from the EU/EEA to the United States or any other country where we have facilities. By using our services, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country.
If you are located in the EU/EEA, you can request access to the information we hold about you. We’ll usually share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it. The first time is free, and additional requests may incur a reasonable processing fee. You may also request modification or deletion of your personal data.
Cookies provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our website. Most browsers let you block “third-party cookies,” which are cookies from sites other than the one you’re visiting.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide our services to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone we share your information with and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can’t identify you.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Your rights under the CCPA
- The right to notice. You must be properly notified which categories of personal data are being collected and the purposes for which the personal data is being used.
- The right to access/the right to request. The CCPA permits you to request and obtain from us information regarding the disclosure of your personal data that has been collected in the past 12 months by us or our subsidiaries to a third-party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
- The right to say no to the sale of personal data. You also have the right to ask us not to sell your personal data to third parties. You may submit such a request by contacting us.
- The right to know about your personal data. You have the right to request and obtain from us information regarding the disclosure of the following:
- The categories of personal data collected
- The sources from which the personal data was collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal data
- Categories of third parties with whom we share personal data
- The specific pieces of personal data we collected about you
- The right to delete personal data. You also have the right to request the deletion of your personal data that have been collected in the past 12 months.
- The right not to be discriminated against. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your consumer’s rights, including by:
- Denying goods or services to you
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising your CCPA data protection rights
In order to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, and if you are a California resident, you may contact us.
We will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 45 days of receiving your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonable necessary and with prior notice.
Do not sell my personal information
We do not sell personal information. However, the service providers we partner with (for example, our advertising partners) may use technology on SuperCopyEditors.com that “sells” personal information as defined by the CCPA law. “Sale,” for the purpose of the CCPA, means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
If you wish to opt out of the use of your personal information for interest-based advertising purposes and these potential sales as defined under CCPA law, you may do so by following the instructions below.
Please note that any opt out is specific to the browser you use. You may need to opt out on every browser that you use.
You can opt out of receiving ads that are personalized as served by our service providers in the following way:
- By using the Privacy Controls below.
The opt out will place a cookie on your computer that is unique to the browser you use to opt out. If you change browsers or delete the cookies saved by your browser, you will need to opt out again.
Your mobile device may give you the ability to opt out of the use of information about the apps you use in order to serve you ads that are targeted to your interests:
- “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads” or “Opt Out of Ads Personalization” on Android devices
- “Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS devices
You can also stop the collection of location information from your mobile device by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By emailing us or using the Privacy Controls in the table below.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
Some internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. There currently is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Therefore, like many websites and online services, we do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from your browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” visit this page.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
Yes, we do allow third-party behavioral tracking, which we described above.
Does our site share personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes?
No, SuperCopyEditors.com does not share personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, unless we give you a choice (opt in or opt out) before sharing with those third parties.
Children Under 13
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
SuperCopyEditors.com does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to send you information about your account or our services. We collect this information from you when you fill out a form on our site.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can reply with “Unsubscribe,” or contact us using our Contact Page, and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
At Super Copy Editors, we believe that the best user experience is a personalized one. Here are some ways you can control your experience:
- View our website without recording webpages and files in your browser: Use your browser’s “private” setting, such as Incognito in Chrome.
- View, manage, and/or delete cookies in your browser: Chrome, Safari, Explorer, Firefox.
- Prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics: Opt-Out Add-On.
- Any other questions or concerns you may have: Contact Us.
Change of Ownership
Changes to This Policy
Here is who is responsible for your personal data:
Super Copy Editors LLC
116 Conselyea St. #3A
Brooklyn NY 11211
Email Address: Contact Us
Last updated: Jan. 17, 2021