Are you a super copy editor?
We’re always looking for highly skilled, professionally trained copy editors and proofreaders.
- This is part-time remote freelance work.
- Work is irregular and depends on our particular needs at any given time.
- The ability to handle same-day rushes is a huge plus for applicants.
Super Copy Editors LLC strongly values diversity and is committed to building a more diverse and culturally inclusive team.
There’s a dirty little secret in this industry.
Other, bigger proofreading services—we call them “proofreading mills”—pay their freelancers absurdly low rates. In fact, according to former staff, one of the best-known proofreading companies (with a team of hundreds) pays its editors only around $10 per hour, as of 2022.
At Super Copy Editors, we believe all members of our small but mighty freelance team deserve to be fairly compensated for their skill and expertise. Fortunately, as a boutique agency based in New York City, we can offer substantially better pay than those proofreading mills—though it also means we are extremely selective when it comes to adding members to our team. To put it another way, we want the best of the best.
With that said, we encourage you to apply today if you think you have what it takes to help our clients’ writing shine brilliantly.
Benefits of Freelancing With Super Copy Editors
- College degree
- Authorized to work in the United States
- At least three to five years of demonstrated professional copy editing and proofreading experience
- Mastery of working with and marking up files in various formats, including Microsoft Word, Google Docs, PowerPoint, and PDFs
- Impeccable editing skills
- Deep familiarity with Associated Press, Chicago, AMA, APA, or MLA style—or all of them
- A passion for helping businesses succeed through clearer communication
Ready? Let’s go! Apply to join our freelance team.
Please share this freelance proofreader job listing: