Are you a super copy editor?
We’re always on the lookout for highly skilled, professionally trained copy editors and proofreaders to work with.
- This is part-time remote freelance work.
- Work is irregular and depends on our particular needs at any given time.
- The ability to handle same-day rushes is a huge plus for applicants.
Super Copy Editors LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly value diversity and are committed to building a more diverse and culturally inclusive team.
There’s a dirty little secret in this industry.
Other, bigger proofreading services—we call them “proofreading mills”—pay their freelancers absurdly low rates. In fact, one of the best-known proofreading companies (with a team of hundreds) pays its editors only $9 per hour, as of 2022, according to former staff.
At Super Copy Editors, we believe all members of our small but mighty team deserve to be fairly compensated for their skill and expertise. Fortunately, as a boutique agency based in New York City, we are able to offer substantially better pay than those proofreading mills—though it also means we are extremely selective when it comes to adding members of our team. To put it another way, we want the best of the best.
With that said, we encourage you to apply today if you think you have what it takes to help our clients’ writing shine brilliantly.
Benefits of Working for Super Copy Editors
- College degree
- Authorized to work in the United States
- At least three to five years of demonstrated professional copy editing and proofreading experience
- Mastery of working with and marking up files in various formats, including Microsoft Word, Google Docs, PowerPoint, and PDFs
- Impeccable editing skills
- Deep familiarity with Associated Press, APA, MLA, or Chicago style—or all of them
- A passion for helping businesses succeed through clearer communication
Ready? Let’s go! Apply to join the Super Copy Editors team.
Please share this freelance proofreader job listing: